Gender Studies Programme encourages students to take a minor in gender studies. Courses are also affered as electives for students from within the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and students from other faculties
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOMES
- At the end of the programme, students will be able to:
- Explain conceptual and theoretical knowledge in gender studies.
- Identify gender issues and its main problems by means of using practical skills in order to address these issues.
- To put into practice values, social and personal responsibilities to help in solving problems faced by women specifically and by society generally.
- Acquire cognitive autonomy to make informed evaluation in a professional manner based on the ethics and professionalism in gender studies.
- To communicate effectively by possessing communicative, writing and team work skills.
- To evaluate information from diverse sources for the purpose of problem solving and possessing basic knowledge to conduct research, to evaluate evidence, arguments and assumptions in solving problems from a gender perspective.
- To search, manage and use information as a basis for self learning and life long learning in discussing social and gender issues besides demonstrating the use of ICT skills.
- To apply knowledge in management and entrepreneurial skills for the purpose of helping one self and society achieve social and economic needs.
LIST OF OUR COURSES:
CODE TITLE OF COURSE
AZEA 1101 - Introduction to Gender Studies
AZEA 1102 - Gender, Culture and Society
AZEA 1103 - Theories in Gender Studies
AZEA 1104 - Gender and Development
AZEA 2182 - Gender Research Methodology
AZEA 2302 - Gender and Environment
AZEA 2303 - Gender and Politics in Malaysia
AZEA 2304 - Gender and The Family
AZEA 2305 - Gender Issues in Non-Governmental Organizations
AZEA 2306 - Gender, Sciene and Technology
AZEA 2307 - Gender and Citizenship
AZEA 2308 - Understanding Childhood and Research With Children
AZEA 3301 - Gender and Law
AZEA 3302 - Gender and Work
AZEA 3303 - Gender, Religion, Culture, and Social Change
AZEA 3304 - Gender Issues in Media
AZEA 3305 - Gender, Conflict and Peace
AZEA 3306 - Gender and Sexuality
AZEA 3307 - Gender and Social work for Social Justice
AZEA 3308 - Gender and Masculinity