Our main publications are:
JOURNAL SERIES ‘MANUSIA DAN MASYARAKAT’ (MAN AND SOCIETY)
- Published annually – latest volume: Volume 25 (2014)
- Special issues:
- Fieldwork Experiences in Malaysia
- Women and Employment in Malaysia
- Tribal Peoples and Development in Southeast Asia
This journal is published twice annually. The main objective of this journal is to provide a forum for academics in the disciplines of anthropology, sociology and psychology to present their research results, theoretical critique and/or new perspectives. It is hoped that our efforts will foster a writing culture in accordance with our status as a research university and make significant contributions to the social science literature.
Guidelines for Submission of Articles
- The Department strives to continually improve and are upgrading our journal for inclusion in international citation indices. Hence our preference is for papers in English, however we will continue to accept high quality papers in Bahasa Malaysia.
- All papers should be accompanied by an English abstract of not more than 200 words and not more than 5 keywords.
- Articles must be original and academic in nature. Authors are encouraged to ensure that there is evidence of theoretical engagement as purely descriptive papers will not be accepted.
- All submissions should not have been previously published elsewhere or be under review by another publisher.
- The length of the articles should be between 5,000 to 8,000 words.
- All papers will be blind peer reviewed.
- The manuscript must be typewritten using Microsoft Word, double spaced, Times New Roman, font size 12 with margins of at least 2.5cm all around.
- References should be arranged in alphabetical order at the end of the paper. The APA convention should be observed. Please ensure that all citations in the text have a corresponding reference entry, and that every publication listed in the reference must be mentioned in the text.
- Tables and figures should be numbered consecutively within the text of the manuscript. Appendix tables are numbered table A1, A2 and so on.
- Manuscripts may be sent to:
Manusia dan Masyarakat (Man and Society)
Department of Anthropology and Sociology
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
University of Malaya
50603 Kuala Lumpur
- Dimensions of Traditions and Development in Malaysia (1995)
- Poverty and Ageing (2000)
- Malaysia: Menangani Perubahan dan Pembangunan (2006)
- Malaysia: Menghadapi Arus Transformasi (2008)