The Master of Media Studies programme offers an interdisciplinary approach in order to produce critical, highly skilled and creative media professionals. This one year programme is designed to accommodate fresh graduates and industry practitioners to enable them to acquire new knowledge and industry skills to face the current challenges in the media and communication industries. This special programme is also packaged for media practitioners who wish to acquire the art of managing the converging media industry.
1. To obtain a score of 600 for a paper-based total, a score of 213 for a computer-based total or a score of 80 for an internet-based total for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOFEL); or
2. To obtain a band of 6.0 for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
1. Bachelor’s Degree with a CGPA of 3.0 and above or its equivalent; or
2. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree of CGPA 2.7 to 2.99 may be considered if they meet at least ONE (1) of the following criteria:
i. Have relevant work experience at least 5 years; or
ii. Produce publications in related fields; or
iii. Scholarship recipient; or
iv. Graduates from University of Malaya.
3. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree of CGPA 2.5 to 2.69 may be considered if they meet at least TWO (2) of the criteria in number 2 (i) to (iv) above.